A 12-credit online graduate certificate program for educators
The Neag School of Education is ranked as one of the top public graduate schools of education in the Northeast and on the East Coast by U.S. News & World Report. We are ranked among the nation’s top 20 in elementary education and special education, and #32 among the 280 private and public education schools. The Neag Center for Gifted Education and Talent Development has been a national and international leader for more than 40 years.
Students in the Gifted Education and Talent Development Online Graduate Certificate will learn how to:
- Identify the unique learning characteristics and needs of gifted and talented students
- Describe a continuum of program services that meet the educational needs of gifted and talented students
- Apply multiple criteria to the identification of gifted and talented students
- Implement all components of the Schoolwide Enrichment Model
- Differentiate curriculum and learning experience for students based on their previous academic knowledge, interests, and learning preferences
- Embed problem-solving strategies into classroom instructional practices
- Encourage and promote student creativity and critical thinking
- Address the social and emotional needs of gifted and talented students
This certificate program can be completed in one year. The credits earned in this program can later be applied to a Master’s degree or advanced diploma in Gifted Education.
The Summer Session 2 application deadline is Friday, April 7. Apply early to avoid last minute processing delays.